Need help with your IB Psychology IA? This page has everything you should need. If not, leave a comment and I’ll see if I can help.
Not sure what to do? This IB Psych IA Quick Summary will help. (Blog and Video)
The most important aspect of the IA is not the study, but actually the theory. Here are the 5 Best Theories and Models (Blog and Video) to use for your IA.
That being said, it’s best to choose a study you find interesting to replicate for your IA. Here are 25 Key Studies and a video on the Top 10 IA Studies.
- Best studies for doing online (Blog)
- 5 Studies to Avoid for the IA (Video)
- Tips for doing:
Planning and Conducting the Study
The IA TSP has materials like consent and debriefing templates, checklists, report templates and workbooks to make planning, conducting and writing the IA easier. Download preview here.
- Informed consent (Google form template)
Writing the Report
- How to write your introduction (Blog and Video)
- Trouble getting started? Tips on how to begin your report (Blog)
- Top 5 Mistakes in the Introduction (Video)
- How to summarize the background theory or model (Blog)
- How to link the background theory/model to the investigation (Blog and Video)
- How to state the aim of an experiment (Blog)
- How to explain the relevance of the aim – go to this part of the top 5 mistakes video.
Hypotheses & operational definitions
- How to state your research (alternate) and null hypotheses (Blog)
- How to operationalize your variables (Blog and Video)
- How to score top marks in the Exploration (What-How-Why) (Video)
- Top 5 Mistakes in the Exploration (Video)
- How to explain your…
- Can you put procedures in the appendices? My thoughts here: (Blog)
- Top 5 Mistakes in the Analysis (Video)
- Descriptive Statistics
- Mean, median or mode? How to apply descriptive statistics properly! (Blog, Official MyIB Page)and Video)
- Inferential Statistics
- What are inferential statistics? (Video)
- Which inferential statistics test should I use? (IB’s Site)
- How to do the MWU test online? (Video)
- How to do the Wilcoxon test online (Video)
- Two tailed or one tailed test? (Blog)
- How to interpret your inferential stat results (Video)
- What if you get the “wrong results?” (Blog)
- How to reference properly using APA (Blog)
- Over 2200 words? Tips for reducing your word count (Blog)
- Final submission checklist (Blog and Video)
Travis Dixon is an IB Psychology teacher, author, workshop leader, examiner and IA moderator.