This post is designed to help teachers find replacement videos when those in the TSPs for “IB Psychology: A Student’s Guide” are removed. This is also a Facebook thread in our IB Psychology Teacher’s Group but that post can be difficult to manage. Organizing them here I hope will be more helpful.
- 2.2b: BBC Documentary: How you really make decisions. 0-9 mins is about the dual processing model. (Link).
- 2.3a: BBC Documentary: Emotions – A Secret History. 45.02-57.00 shows a guy doing the Iowa gambling task (Link).
3: Social Influence
- 3.1: Old conformity studies (Link)
- 3.4a: Social identity theory – Football hooligans fan fight (England v Russia) (4 mins – link) or Leeds vs Milwall (Link) or Sydney/Adelaide (Link) or Trump supporters vs Antifa (Link).
- 3.6b: SIT: The blue eyes brain eyes experiment (Link).
- 3.6eSIT: The Brain with David Eagleman – The Massacre of Srebrenica (3 mins, link).
I have been able to source the full documentary series of “The Brain with David Eagleman” online, but it’s rather sketchy websites (e.g. Putlocker) that I would only advise perusing at your own risk (due to malware and their copyright infringements).
- 3.8: Reconstructive Memory: CBS interview with Ronald Cotton and Jennifer Thompson (Part 1 and Part 2).
- 4.1b: Where memories are stored – a stand-up comedy clip by Irish comedian Jimeoin (Link).
- 4.3a: Fear conditioning – the first 13 mins of this BBC Documentary – A Secret History – covers Baby Albert (Link).
- 4.6b: The drug trial that went wrong (Link).
- If you notice a broken link please post to our Teacher’s Group or add a comment.
- One reason I’m working on getting better at making my own YouTube content is so we can avoid this issue in the future.
5: Love and Marriage
- 5.1c: Face preference studies: This is not the same clip as originally used, but it’s about symmetrical faces and attraction (Link).
- BBC Human Instinct – Deepest Desires: The full documentary can be found on Daily Motion (Link).
6: Quantitative Methods
- 6.1c: Field experiment on gender and sexual preferences – from 3:10-6:50 (Link), or this one (Link).
7: Internal Assessment
8: HL Extensions
Bio Extension Animal Models
- 8.1i Animal models of neuroplasticity: This clip (8 mins) from the PBS documentary “Memory Hackers” explains Kandel’s research (link – from 13:42 to 21:40) (Full video Link).
9: Qualitative Methods
Travis Dixon is an IB Psychology teacher, author, workshop leader, examiner and IA moderator.